From NOW™ – November 1989
Spike (Pt. 1 of a 2 part story)
Story: James Van Hise
Pencils: Jim Wisniewski
Inks: Jim Wisniewski
Colors: Suzanne Dechnik
Letters: Dan Nakrosis
Art Director: Michelle Mach
Editor: Katherine Llewellyn
Editor-in-Chief: Tony Caputo
Cover: Jim Wisniewski
Scanned and restored in March 2012 by Richard Roy
“Spikorouleus, or Spike for short, is on the run from a dangerous enemy to his realm at the center of the Earth, Nurtog. He retreats to the surface world for help, but Nurtog follows and nearly kills him. Meanwhile, the Ghostbusters are at a function by request of both the tourism committee and the city when they get a page. Egon and Ray go to investigate and find Spike being held by immigration and the NYPD. Unfortunately for them, Nurtog has found him too, leaving Egon and Ray caught in the middle of their feud!”
- Reference: Pg. 8.
Homeless 1: “I wish they’d quite makin’ movies where I’m tryin’ to walk!”
Homeless 2: “Could be worse. ‘Member that ghost movie tied up traffic for miles?”
During the filming of Ghostbusters ( “Shandor Building” ) Central Park West was closed off. It created a massive traffic jam on the island of Manhattan. – Ghostbusters DVD audio commentary.
- Previous Issues: Pg. 9
First police officer: “There’s just no rest for the wicked!”
Second police officer: “That’s what ya get for lettin’ that werewolf trash your car last year!”
The second cop is referring to the werewolf The Real Ghostbusters encountered in issue 5.
Everything isn’t uniform.
- Goof: Peter and Ray are missing their “no ghost” logos on the cover and pin up.
- Ray is also missing a “no ghost” logo on page 1.
- Goof: Egon has a “defective” “no ghost” logo on page 6. The slash is angled the wrong way and the ghost is missing.
- Goof: Peter also has a defective “no ghost” logo on page 7.
- Goof: Missing “no ghost” logos on both Ray and Egon’s uniforms on page 11.
- Goof: Ray’s “no ghost” logo has switched arms and is missing its ghost on page 12.
- Goof: Egon’s “no ghost” logo has switched arms and is missing its ghost on pages 13 and 14.
- Goof: Ray and Egon’s “no ghost” logos are missing on page 20.
- Goof: Not to be left out of the new uniform code Peter’s “no ghost” logo switched arms and is missing its ghost on page 22.
Eye for an eye.
- Egon and Boyett have the same eye color as a background on page 12.
The Real Ghostbusters Issue 15. (Ghostbusters Firehouse)