In June 2000 I bought a Proton Pack replica. Styled somewhat after their look from Ghostbusters II. Eighteen years later I wrote The History Of A Rich Proton Pack Replica. (Ecto-Containment Blog Post, February 13, 2018) Today, (bummer) 18 years later my Proton Pack replica is for sale.
If you have the “tools and the talent” this Proton Pack replica could even be better than it originally was in June 2000. Sometime after 2006 it stopped working. I thought it could have been from a fuse. For all I know a wire came loose. In an attempt to prepare the pack for an eventual restoration, as much wiring was removed as possible. “That was really stupid.” – Winston
When this pack replica was originally wired toggle switches (with all batteries in place inside) did the following:
Proton Pack Functions
- Pack and wand lights would turn on.
- The blue Power Cell would “power” up.
- Cyclotron/Synchronous Generator would “cycle.”
- Heat Sink didn’t light for “total protonic reversal” conversation.
- Emitter would light, (barrel didn’t extend) and would vibrate when “firing.”
More information about price and shipping after the read it more.