During The Real Ghostbusters first full year in 1987 McDonald’s and Columbia Pictures came together with a theme, to sell your parents a cheeseburger (or McNugget) happy meal, and naturally include a The Real Ghostbusters toy.
The theme for the multiple Happy Meal boxes had to do with going back to school. Each meal box had fun and educational, (my 9 year old self wouldn’t have quite thought of them in that way) activities included on them.
The four theme related “places” are:
Each The Real Ghostbusters meal box included one of the following toys. Really, The Real Ghostbusters stationary set.
- A Mr. Stay-Puft pencil sharpener.
- “Containment Chamber.” A clear pouch with a ghost design.
- The Real Ghostbusters pencil with Slimer/Fire House topper.
- A Mr. Stay-Puft note pad and “no ghost” logo eraser.
- A Mr. Stay-Puft note pad and The Real Ghostbusters 6″ ruler.
You must be logged in to post a comment.